Event: MMA Annual Celebrations 2023
Dates: 30th June Friday- 1st July 2023 Saturday
Venue: Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
As part of the CME programme, this year we are organising an abstract competition for medical students and junior doctors. Dr Antony Thomas, our Vice President is leading the CME programme and please see the details of the competition including abstract submission rules and deadlines below the programme details.
Please book your accommodation for the 2023 MMA-UK at Mercure Daventry as soon as you can as we only have limited rooms on hold.
The charges for the rooms and booking information is given below.
Saturday Night Only Bed & Breakfast Rate:
£76.00 Bed & Breakfast, single occupancy
£86.00 Bed & Breakfast, double / twin occupancy
£128.50 Bed & Breakfast, family interconnecting room
Second Night Accommodation booked for either Friday for Sunday
(in addition to full rate stay on the Saturday night)
£58.00 Bed & Breakfast, single occupancy
£65.00 Bed & Breakfast, double / twin occupancy
£97.00 Bed & Breakfast, family interconnecting room
Please call 01327 307000 option 2 to speak with the Hotel’s in-house Reservations team to make your accommodation booking. The Reservations office is open between 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday – Friday. When booking, please quote “MMA Event” and the date of the event to get the MMA bed and breakfast rate. You will be required to guarantee your reservation at the time of booking with a debit or credit card.
If you or another malayali doctor or dentist colleague working in the UK have made a significant achievement that deserves mentioning during our event, kindly forward us the details with any evidence where necessary. The acceptance of this is entirely discretionary and any decisions by the MMA executive team will be final.
Dear MMA friends
This year we are organising an opportunity for all our junior medical/dental doctors (training and non-training posts and from F1 to most senior Specialist Registrar jobs) so also our medical/dental students to present their research projects, clinical trials, interesting clinical case presentations, clinical audits, participation in setting up trust guidelines and publications in journals during our annual MMA-UK weekend on Saturday afternoon 1st July 2023.
So kindly send an abstract of your presentation in not more than 250 words to the email email@example.com. The abstracts will be scrutinised by a panel of 4 consultants who will select 5 top abstracts. Those junior doctors/medical students with those 5 selected abstracts would be given a chance to present on Saturday along with the CME session. Each podium presentation will be given 5 minutes plus 2 minutes for questions. This is evaluated and scored by a panel of 4 judges and the top scored 2 presentations will be given MMA-UK award of excellence certificate.
This academic event will be first of its kind in the 41 years history of MMA-UK since it was commenced in 1982. A general topic may be accepted if found relevant and acceptable by the jury. The whole process is intended to be done in a simpler way this year to accommodate as many participants.
Our ultimate aim is to help juniors develop more clinical skills and aptitude and thereby help them present good clinical works and their efforts will be appreciated and encouraged. Please contact Dr Antony Thomas on 07949921466 if you need any further information. Please see below for the abstract submission and later the full article details.
We also would like to highlight that those who present should be a registered attendee of the MMA-UK event at Daventry Mercure Court Hotel.
Dr Antony Thomas
MMA Lead for the MMA CME Programme 2023
Abstract submission guidance:
- Abstracts should be submitted by email only (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The deadline for abstract submission is May 12 Friday 5:00 pm.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
- Abstracts may be within any of the topic areas related to medical/dental profession.
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in your text
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted
- Abstracts may not be longer than 250 words.
- Authors should indicate whether their presentation preference is oral or poster. The Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to you via email by May 30th 2023.
- If your abstract has been accepted, you should submit your final paper/full article within a week
- The final paper length should be be a maximum of 8 A4 pages (including references).
- A paper should contain the description of your study and should be structured in different sections such as: Abstract, Introduction, Methodology, Results, Conclusions, Acknowledgements (if applicable) and References.
- Please note that title and authors list should be coincident with the accepted abstract
Please note that all presenting authors should register as a delegate for the MMA annual event on 1st July 2023